We are an education charity which promotes the public benefit of further education in Wales. We believe that all learners have the right to world-class education, delivered in a safe, diverse and inclusive setting and within a sector which supports the wider community, employers and the economy.
We also convene the Further Education Principals’ Forum, which represents the interests of further education (FE) providers.
We undertake research and policy development and provide practical support to the FE community. Working closely with Welsh Government, their agencies, and other stakeholders, we help shape policies affecting the FE sector, their learners and staff.
CollegesWales is the first point of contact for further education in Wales.
What we do
As the voice of further education in Wales, we:
- enhance both the national and international reputation of further education;
- represent the interests of and advocate for our member colleges;
- support our member colleges to optimise their contribution to Wales’ economic and social development;
- provide expert advice on communications and political affairs, and trade union and employment matters; and
- deliver policy solutions that satisfy both the ambitions of learners and the needs of employers
We also provide members with a range of professional support services that help enhance learner outcomes whilst enriching the learning experience through:
- supporting innovation in vocational practice through professional learning and knowledge exchange;
- promoting best practice in bilingual teaching and learning;
- facilitating international exchange programmes for learners;
- promoting active wellbeing; and
- supporting the delivery of education to learners with additional needs.
World-class further education for Wales.
Demonstrate the value of further education to all learners, society and the economy.
We are a vision-driven, values-based organisation. Our work is guided and informed by our values:
We are insightful, trustworthy and transparent. We use our expert knowledge to express evidenced, balanced and professional opinions to achieve our vision.
We are thought leaders. We provide valuable and credible contributions to further education policy and practice. We challenge the sector and government to make ambitious and sustainable improvements. We are never satisfied with the status quo.
We are accessible, ethical and human. We work to ensure that all learners have full access to world-class education, training and skills opportunities. We welcome diversity and encourage it within our organisation.
We are committed to a culture of teamwork, partnership and collaboration to achieve our vision.
Fforwm Services Limited is a private limited company and wholly owned subsidiary of CollegesWales. It is a platform through which commercial, income-generating activity is channelled, and which allows us to facilitate sector-specific events, training and conferences.