CollegesWales International is pleased to have established a new Steering Group to develop, support and monitor an international strategy for the FE sector. The strategy will support further education institutions (FEIs) to provide international opportunities that will enhance and enrich the teaching and learning experiences of all learners and staff within the sector.
The Group which was established in Autumn 2021 has 4 main areas of focus:
- To foster a culture of collaboration across FEIs to develop strategic international projects and activities.
- To support FEIs to develop, promote and deliver international opportunities for all learners and staff within their own college communities.
- To share new and good practice across the sector so that all FEIs can make progress in embedding an international dimension to teaching and learning experiences in the short, medium and long term.
- To make recommendations to and raise issues and concerns with the Principals’ Forum as appropriate.
CollegesWales International Project Manager Sian Holleran said,
"This Group is designed to support colleges to ensure that all learners and staff within the sector have equal access to international opportunities. We will continue to develop our programme of funded study, overseas training and work opportunities as well as exploring the use of digital communication tools to build new, and to strengthen existing, partnerships globally."
Led by Coleg Sir Gâr/Coleg Ceredigion Chief Executive and Principal Dr Andrew Cornish, and with representation from all our member colleges, the Spring and Summer terms will focus on:
- supporting the FE sector to submit applications for the ILEP and other relevant funding programmes as appropriate;
- launching the FE sector’s International Strategy;
- reviewing the FE sector’s achievements in securing ILEP funding; and
- developing a work plan for the International Group for 2022/23.
Contact CollegesWales International Project Manager for further Information.