The beginning of December saw the ColegauCymru Teaching and Learning Network host the second in a series of Teachmeet events, designed specifically for colleagues in the further education and work-based learning sectors, to share examples of good practice.
The events, funded by Welsh Government, also support knowledge exchange across the whole of the FE sector in Wales. This event focussed on good practice and shared teaching and learning tips specifically targeted towards A level learners. There was valuable input from colleagues from Coleg Sir Gar, Coleg Ceredigion, NPTC Group of Colleges and Grŵp Llandrillo Menai.
We were once again impressed by the contributions from the speakers and the input from delegates.
- Developing self-reflective independent learners - Vinnie Ponalagappan
- Critical thinking at A level - Angharad Mansfield
- Using a visualiser - modelling and feedback - Gemma Campbell
- Using Playlist as a transition tool from GCSE to A level - Selina Philpin and Allison Constantine
- How can we ensure our students are using assessment criteria to improve their own work? - Sophie Williams
- Word Wall: An interactive and inclusive tool to engage students in their studies and their independent learning - Emma Goode
- 20 Hour revision plan - Michael Hackfort
- Use of multisensory feedback to enable and promote individual progress - Rhodri ap Llwyd
- Class Point - A new twist on the use of PowerPoint - Nicola Hunter
Did You Miss the Event?
If you missed the live event, you can watch again!
The next event will take place online in February 2022, with further details to follow. Contact Macsen.Jones@colegaucymru.ac.uk to be added to the mailing list.