ColegauCymru is an education charity which promotes the public benefit of further education (FE) in Wales. We believe that all learners have the right to world-class education, delivered in a safe, diverse and inclusive setting and within a sector which supports the wider community, employers and the economy. We also convene the Further Education Principals’ Forum, which represents the interests of further education providers.
We undertake research and policy development and provide practical support to the FE community. Working closely with Welsh Government, their agencies, and other stakeholders, we help shape policies affecting the FE sector, their learners and staff. ColegauCymru is the first point of contact for further education in Wales.
Fforwm Services Limited is a private limited company and wholly owned subsidiary of Colleges Wales / Colegau Cymru Limited. It is a platform through which commercial, income-generating activity is channelled, and which allows us to facilitate sector-specific events, training and conferences.
What we’re looking for
It is paramount that ColegauCymru has an excellent awareness and understanding of political issues, developments and discussions that are taking place in Wales on matters relating to the concerns of ColegauCymru.
ColegauCymru is seeking an annual contract for political monitoring services, to include regular briefing on:
- Senedd business, including extracts from plenary and live monitoring of relevant debates and questions
- Senedd consultations and inquiries
- Relevant Senedd committee business including detailed notes of any highly relevant points
- Relevant Senedd Cross Party Group business
- Summary, coverage, and full transcripts of Bill stages, and committee consideration
- Relevant petitions lodged with the Senedd’s Petitions Committee process
- Oral and written questions when they are tabled and when they are answered
- Welsh Government reports
- Welsh Government consultations
- Welsh Government press releases
- Welsh Government statistical releases
- Forward looking horizon scanning
- Names mention analysis
- Relevant sessions of the Welsh Affairs Select Committee, and developments at the Wales Office
- Relevant press releases or announcements from political parties
- Up to date contact lists for Members and research staff
At times, this may also include (as required):
- Events support
- Party political conference support
- An audit of political perceptions
- Horizon scanning
The contract will be issued on an annual basis, and renewal will be subject to satisfactory service.
All interested parties are invited to submit a tender to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 August 2023.
The indicative timetable is:
- Closing date for submissions of tenders 16 August 2023
- Notification of outcome 4 September 2023
- Contract start date 1 October 2023
Suppliers are expected, as part of their application, to declare any relationship or association with a person or persons who are a significant employee, elected or nominated, in the institutions falling within the scope of this work.